Monday, June 3, 2013

XBOX One: The Beginning of the End for the XBOX

     Ok, by now, everyone knows about the Xbox One reveal. Personally, it sucks and marks the end of the Xbox. Why? Because Microsoft forgot about everything that the Xbox was good at. The Xbox 360, when it first came out, focused on GAMES. The new Xbox doesn't do that. But, get this, it gets worse! Microsoft made two deadly sins for gamers: they didn't make the new Xbox backwards compatible, and, if you want to play a used Xbox one game, YOU HAVE TO PAY A FEE FOR AN ALREADY OWNED GAME! A FEE!!!!! That is absolute bullcrap from Microsoft. THAT HAS NEVER, EVER HAPPENED FOR A GAMING SYSTEM BEFORE! This pisses me off, and I don't even own an Xbox! I am a PC gamer. I loathe xbox gamers because of the amount of money they can pay for a good xbox in comparison to a good PC (for an example, my PC is over $800. A Xbox 360 is approximately $250). But when I saw this piece of crap known as the Xbox One, I felt sorry for the Xbox community. This was their system. If PC's became a pile of junk tomorrow and I couldn't buy another, that would suck. Imagine how Xbox users feel now. However, after all of that, there is one more problem, one final nail in the coffin.

     This is a Roku. I own one, and, basically, you can do everything that the new Xbox One can do without the ability to play games. What do I mean? The new Xbox can watch videos online, can Netflix, and can also watch movies. But get this...this system can do all of that AND MORE, and it is between $49-$99, depending on the type of Roku you get. So, if you own a Xbox 360 and buy one of these Roku's, you can potentially save over $150. If you can do that, then what is the point of the Xbox One? Here's a hint: THERE IS NONE! The Xbox One is, so far, a money grab. I am sorry to all of you that have a Xbox One. If you want a new system, though, get a PC. However, if you are still getting a Xbox One...die. Just...die.
     If you want to hear more about this topic, check out this video from a youtuber (not me): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekOtn7L1N0

No comments:

Post a Comment