Monday, June 10, 2013
My thoughts on...Half Life 2
I am a gamer by heart. One thing I love doing is playing some of the older games that are classics. There are a few that I want to play, like Doom, Bioshock, System Shock, and others of the sort. However, I have had Half-Life and Half-Life 2 on my steam library for some time and forgot about those games. I decided, recently, that I should play both of them to see why they were so amazing. Well, I still don't see it. Half-Life 2, in particular, it very tedious, and I find it very hard to keep playing the game. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, and nothing tickles me more than using the gravity gun to fire blades through zombies and cutting them in half. I absolutely love doing that, but I hate doing it 10,000 times. That is the main problem with Half-Life 2. Yes, you will have a great moment in the game, but for every great moment you have 10 boring, repetitive moments that kill my excitement to playing the game. When you have a game that is so boring that you are just wishing that some mutant comes up, rips out your face, and killing you, you got a problem. I just don't like playing it, not because it is too hard or the game play is bad, but because the game doesn't captivate me in, and that sucks because I am easily enraptured in games. No seriously, I love Call of Duty. That, in itself, speaks volumes. So, in my opinion, the game is good but boring. I just don't like it. Not my cup of tea, and it is also not your cup of tea, because everyone is just like me. In all seriousness though, try it out. Just don't be surprised if your forcing yourself to play the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment