Thursday, June 6, 2013
My thoughts on...World of Tanks
Have you ever heard of World of Tanks? Now, if you have seen the ads, you might be thinking that the game is just a money grab or it has terrible quality. Well, both of those theories are wrong. When I first played World of Tanks, i was expecting 4 things: Teamwork having absolutely no effect on the outcome of the battle, unbalance in the tanks, there would be a lot of hackers, and/or the premium tanks would be overpowered. The fourth thesis is just out of personal experience, because, as many know, the guns you buy in free-to-play games are ridiculously overpowered. All of that was wrong, and I was thoroughly surprised when I found that out. World of Tanks is one of the best, if not the best, free-to-play games I have ever seen in my life. It is just so good, and, to be honest, I am somewhat surprised that it is free-to-play. The game play quality is so much better than all other free-to-play games, with maybe the exception of team fortress 2 and planetside 2. There is great balance in the game which is always tweaked to make the game experience even better, there are absolutely no hackers because the game is server-side and not client-side (for those that don't know what that means, read a book), and the premium tanks are not game-breaking at all. Yes, you can buy a high-level tier tank, but those tanks have the same weaknesses as other tanks. However, they are very useful at earning credits, the in-game currency. This is THE game to play if you like free-to-play games but want actual balance. However, this game isn't Call of Duty. You need to work as a team and play tactically, or you will die. Also worth noting is that it isn't for everyone. If you just want to shoot people up with big tanks rounds, play Modern Warfare 2 Multi-player, because that is how the explosives work in that game. For those that were wondering how the game is, I highly recommend it. Now, a free-to-play game has to be pretty darn good for me to recommend it, considering that most don't ever deserve the title "game". But this game is worth every dollar that you put in to get it, which is at a cheep $0. I rate it 4 stars out of 5. It still has flaws, and it is not for everyone, but the game is well-polished and well-done. Get it if you want a fun team game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment